Fabric Model: DJ-VAB9
- Description: Elegant, Formal Damask Drapery or Upholstery Fabric featuring an acanthus leaf and floral pattern. The design swirls and repeats over the entire width of the fabric. The fabric is approximately 8 1/4 oz. per square (not running) yard. Suitable for draperies or for light to medium use upholstery projects. I would not recommend it for sofas, etc. that receive hard daily use (especially from children and pets) but it is well-constructed and tightly woven. Has a fairly firm hand - it can be crushed and gathered but has nice body.
- Color: This is a beautiful ivory on creamy beige (or vice versa). In the lower photos, you can see the crayons - they are Crayola's "White", "Goldenrod" and "Gold". The fabric is really an ivory not white and a beige that leans cream or light gold. Both the goldenrod and gold crayons are much too intense in color. The beige is just a beautiful rich shade with undertones of the gold crayon - not a true gold but just a beautiful neutral shade.
- Width: 55 3/4" wide less 1/2" selvages on either side so 54" - 55" wide without the selvages.
- Pattern Repeat: 15" vertical repeat; 13 3/4" horizontal repeat.
- Fiber Content: 51% polyester; 49% cotton.
- Made in India.
- Texture: The creme areas of the fabric are formed by a fine satin stitch having a very smooth feel. The light gold areas are in a plain stitch and are not quite as satiny or fine as the burgundy area.
- Weight: Mid-weight - about 8.25 oz. per square yard - suitable for either drapery or upholstery. Drapes nicely but probably should not be gathered tightly. Soft hand with some body.
- Note: Sample available.